<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11476683\x26blogName\x3dWinFX+Adventures\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://winfxadventures.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://winfxadventures.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1143681562734154543', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Change Of Pace

I've decided to switch things up a bit around here. For starters, I'm going to scrap the UI project. Why? For a couple of reasons actually. For one, its not the most exciting project I've got lined up. My girlfriend and I have found a really great place to move into, and I'm rather excited about it, so I've got a few projects lined up that pertain to the new place that I'd like to jump into. Another reason is my summer job. I thoroughly enjoy it, and it does take up quite a bit of my time. As such, that leaves me with less time to work on projects, so it is in my best interest to accelerate things around here. The final reason is Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2. My DVD's I ordered should be arriving in the mail any day now, and the next CTP drop of Indigo and Avalon will be arriving sometime this month. A format will be in order when the drop is made, and that will require even more of my time.

So the new project? A recipe web service! Not only do I enjoy eating food, but I also enjoy cooking as well. The new place has a really great kitchen with a lot of counter space. Now that I have my desktop running, I no longer use the laptop as my primary system. This means that the laptop could be located in the kitchen to stream music and video/television while cooking, as well as display recipes.

Essentially, recipes will be stored by the recipe service in either XML format or on a SQL database. I know, a database would be overkill for this project, but it would be nice to test out the April CTP of SQL Server (also on the DVD's). The client will contact the service to get a listing of recipes, and more information can be viewed by selecting a recipe. An image of the prepared item would be a nice addition so that you can see what you'll be cooking.

While I'm planning out the project, updates may be few and far between due to work. I appologize if anyone is upset over the cancellation of the UI project. If anyone would like to continue from where I've left the project, feel free to email me (WinFXAdventures@gmail.com) and I'll send you the files.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 06, 2005 7:11:00 PM, Blogger trinity said...

Found a lot of useful info on your site about sql database - thank you. Haven't finished reading it yet but have bookmarked it so I don't lose it. I've just started a sql database blog myself if you'd like to stop by

 

Post a Comment

<< Home