<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11476683\x26blogName\x3dWinFX+Adventures\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://winfxadventures.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://winfxadventures.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1143681562734154543', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Dell Open Surgery

While studying last night for the exam I wrote this morning, I began to experience some severe problems with the Dell Inspiron 8200 that I drag to and from campus every day. The display hardware seems to be failing as I use the laptop. I gave Dell tehcnical support a call, and thankfully the three year warranty that came with the laptop doesn't expire for another four days (is that luck or what?). So I'll be waiting around for the next few days for a technician to bring a new laptop motherboard to swap in for the one that is failing.

As I said, I wrote my first exam this morning, only 5 more to go. I'll be moving back home at the end of the month. Between now and then there won't be much activity here, that being said, check back towards the end of the month once I get everything set up at home and start developing. I've been thinking of the application that I want to implement using .NET, Indigo and Avalon, and I've extended it somewhat. I would like to put up some professional looking concept images, but I'll have to find a good application to do that. If I'm not mistaken, Visio is used for such things. I believe I can get a copy through the MSDN Academic Alliance, so I'll look into that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home